lundi 11 août 2014

Rye

Rye is where I go when I want to leave Hastings for a day, without wasting hours on a train. A 20-minute train journey is enough for me to get to Rye and get a change of air. Hourly train departs from London St Pancras and you'll be in Rye in just around one hour and fifteen minutes. So if you want to spend a relaxing day in a picturesque little town where you can wander in narrow cobbled streets, enjoy an authentic afternoon tea and some antiques shopping, then hop on a train to Rye.


Mermaid Street 



When you go to Rye, do not forget to go inside St. Mary's Parish Church and up the Tower, where you get a 360° view of Rye and its surroundings.  It's definitely worth the £3 entrance fee. However, if you are claustrophobic, I would not recommend this place since you have to walk through narrow corridors and stairs.



On a grey morning - January 2013

The Cobbles Tea Room is where I'm used to going when I go to Rye. They offer a good range of different teas, nice coffee and last but not least : delicious food, from light lunches and jacket potatoes to cakes and scones. (Just make sure you have some cash as they do not accept cards.)




Next time I visit Rye, I definitely need to go to Edith's House which I discovered through reviews on TripAdvisor, and which seems to be the cutest place for an afternoon tea. Moreover, I also plan on walking from Rye to Camber Sands, so be prepared for a new article about Rye in a few months !


Have you ever been to Rye ? 
Is it the sort of town you would enjoy visiting ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire